I wanted to trap non-existant session-id's by bracketing the

  tie %{$href}, 'Apache::Session::DBI', $id,
  {
   DataSource => 'dbi:mysql:sessions',
   UserName   => 'db_user',
   Password   => 'db_passwd'
  };

with an eval { }; block. Once I've done this and send a non-existant
session-id I get the following in my error_log:

  panic: POPSTACK
  Callback called exit.

Without the eval around the tie the script dies with:

  [Tue Oct 19 16:55:09 1999] [error] Object does not exist in the data
store at /usr/local2/lib/perl5/si
te_perl/5.005/Apache/Session/DBIStore.pm line 192.

So, do I have to look check the database myself for the session-id? Should
I modify DBIStore.pm to not die, but do something else?

Is this related to:
http://x31.deja.com/getdoc.xp?AN=536753692&CONTEXT=940379169.1854472193&hitn
um=1

Cheers