> I'm preparing a class on HTML::Embperl for my company. I came across
> %http_headers_out in the Embperl documentation. I've never used it before
> thought it would definitely be useful for the beginning Embperl user. So I
> created a page that just contains:
>
> [- $http_headers_out{'Location'} = q(http://www.yahoo.com) -]
>
> When I load the page I get a blank page. It does not redirect. Am I doing
> something wrong? Has anybody used this for redirects? I normally use the
> $req_rec object but this seems like a cleaner solution if it works.

%http_headers_out is new in 1.2b10, that's explains why you never used it
:-)

I have tested it before I released it and it had worked...

Please try to fetch the page with the LWP GET and look what headers are
created:

GET -s -e http://localhost/path/page.htm

BTW. You are using 1.2b10? If not you have to first upgrade to 1.2b10 :-)

Gerald