We have several scripts using Apache::ASP and DBI, which return
information from an Oracle database.  The problem is that if I run a
report that taken a long time (not sure how long but over 30 minutes)
and the connection either times out or I hit the stop button the oracle
process which gets spawned does not die.  I can see in the process list
that the oracle process is still tied to a httpd process and continues
to eat up cpu cycles.

Does anyone know why is this happening and why does the oracle process
keep running after the script dies?
Does anyone have a solution or seen this problem as well?

My system:
Apache 1.3.6
mod_perl 1.21
DBI 1.13