> I tried to configure Embperl with Safe, using the following directive.
>
> >PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_OPTIONS 16404
> (optSafeNamespace set)
>
> Namespaces are now protected, but all modules used
> in a page are no more visible...
>
> <HTML>
> <HEAD><TITLE>test</TITLE></HEAD>
> <BODY>
> <HR>
> [- use DBI; DBI->connect(...) or print $DBI::errstr   -]
> </BODY>
> </HTML>
>
> -> Error in Perl code: Can't locate object method "connect" via package
> "DBI" ...
>
> Does anybody have an idea to solve this problem ?

You need to import _all_ methods that are used by DBI (also inside of DBI),
in the safe namespace...

This has been discussed a while ago on the dbi mailing list, and the result
was "running DBI inside a safe namespace is nearly impossible"

A solution maybe to do the DBI call outside the safenamespace and share the
result, so it can be displayed inside the saf namespace.

Gerald