I friend and I are having some problems...

I have a mod_perl script that wants to kill a child when it detects that
child's DB connection has gone stale.  Detecting that is not a problem.
returning the error page saying 'please try again' is not a problem.  but
apache->exit is killing the child AND returning an internal server error
to the user (and logging).

Is this a case where i can just use $CORE::exit instead of apache->exit to
kill the child but not log this as an error?  do i need to do anything
else if i choose this route (stuff apache->exit would have done that i
need to make sure i do if i skip it)

thanks!

gedanken