On Thu, 21 Oct 1999, William R. Lorenz wrote:
> Has anyone considered writing a proxy to allow the client
> and/or server software to connect to a single data source,
> or would this defeat the purpose by having the software use
> a single server as a proxy? :)
>
> In addition, what are the issues involved with mirroring
> a MySQL database between database servers?

I don't have any real answers - just a suggestion. What is wrong with the
classic RDBMS architecture of RAID 1 on multiple drives with MySQL - surely
it will be able to do that transparently?

And as for MySQL falling over - if it doesn't corrupt the DB when it falls
over (I hope it doesn't?) then can't you just put it in init.d (I know
that's not the best solution, but it's _a_ solution)?

--
<Matt/>

Details: FastNet Software Ltd - XML, Perl, Databases.
Tagline: High Performance Web Solutions
Web Sites: http://come.to/fastnet http://sergeant.org
Available for Consultancy, Contracts and Training.