> I have been digging around in the FAQ and archives for information about
> people running mod_perl on a windows box and also using Apache::DBI, but
> have come up with nothing.  I am under the impression that it is not
> going to work becase whenever I try to load up the Apache::DBI module
> apache starts up and then exists immediately leaving this in the error log:
>
> [Mon Oct 25 15:06:11 1999] file .\main\http_main.c, line 5890, assertion
> "start_mutex" failed

I once spent a good deal of time, trying to use Apache::DBI under WinNT.
I had to give up as I did not find any solution, nor someone who would
share a similar experience.

The problem was: whichever way should I call Apache::DBI during Apache
initialisation (whether it should be using PerlModule, or PerlRequire,
or by having Apache::DBI called in any other Perl script run during
Apache initialisation), I would always get the same error:

Can't locate object method "trace_msg" via package "DBI" at
C:\Perl\site\5.00503\lib/DBI.pm line 311.
END failed--cleanup aborted.

On the contrary, Apache::DBI would work perfectly if NOT in Apache
context, but I would probably not need it. :)))

The author of Apache::DBI recommended me to upgrade, but I WAS using all
the latest versions.

I definitely have an impression that there are not enough folks in the
"W32 + Apache::DBI" community, so you just have to rely upon your own
debugging skills.

Victor.