[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Kimbro> I'm trying to setup Apache::Session under Embperl with a MySQL
> Kimbro> datastore. I have multiple machines that will be serving the site thus
> Kimbro> all machines will access the datastore. In the documentation it says to
> Kimbro> use the DBIStore with a DaemonLocker which is fine. However there seems
> Kimbro> to be no documentation on how to use the DeamonLocker. I see it is

There isn't any documentation of the DaemonLocker class because it is
incomplete and experimeantal.  It is not usable.

> Well, I've ended up using NullLocker. I still don't understand how
> Apache::Session could work. Any lock-releasing is done ONLY in DESTROY
> method, and while it should perform excellently in CGIs, I wonder how
> locks ever gets released in mod_perl environment...

Funny, If you had read the documentation or my 50+e18 emails to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] on the subject, you would have found the answer.
Here it is from Apache::Session since your perldoc program seems to be
broken:

       As shown in this example, you should undef or untie your session
hash
       as soon as you are done with it.  This will free up any locks
associated
       with your process.

This is the way to free up locks.  Whenever you have a question as to
why your httpds are hanging after the first request, the answer is that
your session hash MUST be scoped at the request level!  Again I urge you
to read the archive.

-jwb