I'm doing soemthing similar right now, where there is no actual document root,
just dynamically generated stuff in a virtual host.

Here is my setup, in the httpd.conf:

<VirtualHost 12.34.56.78:80>
    ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    ServerName www.my.uri
    ErrorLog logs/error_log

    <Location />
      SetHandler perl-script
      PerlHandler My::Nifty::Module
    </Location>
</VirtualHost>

And that's it. Pretty minimal. Everything else is more or less standard (no
major modifications). Note that there is no document root--everything gets
handled by My::Nifty::Module, passed in as extra path info for me to access
if I want it.

darren