"N. Blaine Morgan" wrote:

> But This does work
> <Location /pasp>
>          DirectoryIndex index.html index.shtml index.cgi
>          SetHandler perl-script
>          PerlHandler Apache::ASP
> #       PerlSetVar Global /tmp/asp
> </Location>

I'll try to document the CONFIG section better,
thanks for your feedback.

> The Directory block
> <Directory /usr/home/httpd/pasp>
>          AllowOverride All
>          DirectoryIndex index.html index.shtml index.cgi
>          Options ExecCGI
> </Directory>
> remained unchanged as did the directory contents
>
> Why the PerlSetVar in the <Location> takes precedence over the .htaccess
> file, I do not know.  What is the order of precedence of <Directory>
> <Location> and .htaccess?  Or is it a precedence problem between the <Files
> ~ (\.htm)> block in the .htaccess file and the <Location> block in the
> server config?

It looks like to me that the Location has precedence over
Directory tag in this case, but I'm not an Apache config wiz,
so can't tell you for sure.  If the Directory tag had
kicked, so too would the .htaccess

-- Joshua
NodeWorks >> free web link monitoring   Huntington Beach, CA  USA