I can describe what I mean when I say "mod_perl experience".  I think that
to most it means this as well.

mod_perl experience is just a nifty word to aid in the finding of someone
who has the style of perl which fits the requirements of mod_perl.  The
ability to keep everything within scope; ability to write modular code; an
overall c programming style to perl.  Whether or not you've actually written
anything for to be run under a mod_perl apache doesn't really mean much.  If
someone familiar with programming for mod_perl were to look at your code, it
would be fairly easy for me to see if you had the ability to be a mod_perl
developer.

In fact... if anyone is interested in a job using mod_perl... I need 3
people by the end of this month.
a little background on the company, project and group.

Company:
location: Kansas city, mo
company: financial institution
assets: 7+ billion
culture: suits (overall bank culture)

Group: Internet services
culture: laid back, open environment, no real dress code, flexible time,
smart people

Project: business to business e-commerce site
hardware: Sun Cluster
software: apache 1.3.9/stronghold/mod_perl 1.2.1 (Solaris 2.6) CVS Oracle 8i

The money is very good for the region... email me if you're interested