Now mod_perl and EmbPerl work fine on my NT+Win95 - I'm
daily impressed how fast it works!
But there are many open questions:

1.) 'PerlModule' ( eg. srm.conf ) or 'use HTML::Embperl' ( startup.pl) both
don't work! But if I leave it - no problem! Is this a special
"Win32-behaviour"?
I read some mails from the archives that I'm not the only one who has had
that
problem. But why do I need it when everything runs (fast) without it?

2.) What's behind the sceenes? Am I sure that everything runs fast enough
when
there are 500+ ... users concurrently request the
via-EmbPerl-dynamically-generated
pages instead of 5-10 testers ( only one server process and one
single-threaded Perl
interpreter )? Can I simulate the "real life" (or calculate it if not)?

3.) Is it worth about thinking to turn to a Unix system?

4.) How can I test (and protocol!) performance, CPU-usage ... on
Apache/Win32?

5.) I tried Apache::DBI to access DB2 via ODBC but it was not faster than
accessing
it by using just DBI (maybe the internal cache from ODBC/DB2 ?). Now I
connect and
disconnect every time within the apache module - but it is so fast !!!?

Ok, that's enough for now. If I get any answers ( especially from
Win32+Apache+Modperl-
Users ) I would be happy. Meanwhile I study the eagle book - one of the best
"animal"-books!

Rolf