-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, December 25, 1999 10:54 AM
To: Gerald Richter
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: how to correctly use path_info part of URL with Empberl?

Hi,

How to use 'path_info' with Embperl? I tried to pass argument in 'path_info' to Embperl scripts so that each script can know 'where it is'. For example, to call index.html with a category level information like 'top>automobiles>benz>190E', my URL is like this:

  www.myshops.com/auto/benz/190e  (there is no /auto directory and unders in my document root)

Use

www.myshops.com/index.html/auto/benz/190e

instead. You need to specify the document itself

Gerald

 By Apache theory, it is index.html under document root that should be executed and passed with $ENV{PATH_INFO}=

  /auto/benz/190e.

But I found Emperl directed Apache to a wrong place, searching for $ENV{DOCUMENT_ROOT}/auto/benz/190e/index.html which is certainly not existent in my web server.

Am I wrong on this concept and usage? Please give some hint. Thanks.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and all those using Embperl.

Huang-Ming