Unless someone wants to implement multi-level tied hashes (/arrays) to
correct the following problem, something like the following should
make it into the Apache::Session documentation.  I hope it helps some
folks.

Randy

-------------------

When you store a hashref in a tied Apache::Session hash, subsequent
accesses to that underlying sub-hash do not go through the
Apache::Session tied-hash interface, and Apache::Session will not
recognize that changes have been made  (I suspect that similar direct
access to a listref will behave the same way).

The changes to Apache::Session to enable recognition of such accesses
are non-trivial, particularly when multi-level hashes are desired.

In order to force Apache::Session to recognize such a change, you may
wish to access a scalar entry, such as by:

    $session{'fix_hashref_storage'}++;