Before taking the drastic step of grabbing a hold of the IPC::ShareLite
namespace (I prefer this to a branch split), how long have you been trying
to contact him?

Where I live, I know a few people that took off big time during the
Millenium holiday. I don't think it is unusual that someone might have
taken a month off to party and vacation around this time.

Later,
  Gunther