Hi there,

On Fri, 7 Jan 2000, Randy Harmon wrote:

> Does anybody have experience detecting such a condition, perhaps through one
> of the client headers?  I haven't had a chance to dump them - many hats.

No idea - ditto.

> In any case, I could use some Javascript to package up the machine's
> current time and send it back to the server, for instance at the
> same point where I check whether a cookie was accepted.  That'd
> indicate their "Javscript-OK"-ness too.  I think I'm willing to
> assume that someone clueful enough to turn off Javascript is clueful
> enough to have the correct time.

You might want to look at the excellent ntpd documentation which talks
about things like network delays.  I think your Javascript idea is as
good a solution as you're going to get until the Web Comes Of Age.
Don't know what you're going to do when I visit with Lynx though...
Well, at least my clock _will_ be right, I run a level 3 timeserver.

Somebody's probably going to tell us we've strayed off topic now...

73
Ged.