Don,

Try and get a static install to work.  mod_perl DSO does not
work reliably.  If mod_perl is compiled statically into
Apache, it just works, and you don't need to configure
the web server with anything, and you'll probably need
to comment out lines like "LoadModule ...".

You know that mod_perl is working in the server by having
mod_perl's "make test" work, or by trying something
simple like "PerlModule CGI" in a config.

-- Joshua
NodeWorks >> free web link monitoring   Huntington Beach, CA  USA