> On Sun, Jan 16, 2000 at 03:37:51PM +0100, Gerald Richter wrote:
> > This looks ok for the Embperl part, but if you have now staticly linked
> > mod_perl you should throw out the LoadModule perl_module .....
> I don't know
> > what Apache does, if a module is staticly and dynamicly
> present, but this
> > doesn't seems to be a good idea...
>
> Wow, I don't believe it! It works now that I commented out the
> LoadModule line! At least it does so for requests with lynx and
> lwp-request, Netscape for some reason still does either not receive
> or accept the cookie, but that should be a minor issue now.
>
> Well, I think this is an unspecified if not even unreproducable
> behaviour of apache I ran into here because of my blindness ;-). Many
> thanks for your help, especially Geralds!

I guess because of the LoadModule line, Apache use the dynamic linked
mod_perl. Because of the way Apache loads such modules and the way mod_perl
loads additional Perl modules which has XS extentions, there are some
trouble. I know where the problem lies, but I don't have a solution for now.
I have to investigate it more...

Gerald