Clay,

Well I agree after seeing your startup.pl that the problem you are
expriencing is not with the DSO, however from past posts with problems
there are several modules that do not play well with DSO.

However as far as any problem with using the Red Hat distributed RPM
of Apache and mod_perl on 6.1 I can not say, I always compile my own.

Aaron Johnson