> > Is there a way I can find out where all this RAM is being used.  Or does
> > anyone have any suggestions (besides limiting the MaxRequestsPerChild)
>
>    If anyone knows how to figure out shared vs not shared memory in a
> process on Linux, I'd be interested in that too...and it sounds like Jason
> could benefit from the info as well. I know that Apache::Gtop can be
> used for mod_perl from reading The Guide (thanks Stas!) but I'm interested
> in finding out these numbers for other non-mod_perl binaries too (such as
> an apache+mod_proxy binary). Also if anyone has any good pointers to info
> on dynamic linking and libraries (again, oriented somewhat towards Linux),
> I've yet to see anything that's explained things sufficiently to me yet.
> Thanks.

GTop (not Apache::Gtop) is written by Doug, not me :) So the credits go to
Doug.

What you are talking about is Apache::VMonitor which shows you almost
everything the top(1) does and much more. You can monitor the
apache/mod_perl processes and any other non-mod_perl processes as well.

When you click on the process id you get lots of information about it,
including memory maps a sizes of the loaded libs.

This all of course uses GTop, which in turn uses libgtop from the GNOME
project and lately reported to be ported to new platforms as well.

Enjoy!

Stas Bekman    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]      http://www.stason.org/stas
Perl,CGI,Apache,Linux,Web,Java,PC     http://www.stason.org/stas/TULARC
perl.apache.org    modperl.sourcegarden.org   perlmonth.com    perl.org
single o-> + single o-+ = singlesheaven    http://www.singlesheaven.com