Perrin Harkins wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > A week or two ago, in the squid performance thread, I mentioned that I was
> > looking for ways to eliminate squid from our production servers.  I noted
> > that we are using squid to save an expensive trip to the database to
> > retrieve mostly static files.  At that time I said that I planned to write
> > a simple cache using shared memory that could be used with mod_perl to
> > keep data around on the first tier.  This weekend I finally had an
> > opportunity to do just that.
> >
> > IPC::Cache is rather simple, considering that all the hard work is being
> > done in the IPC::Shareable the Storable modules.  I just added some basic
> > namespace semantics and the ability to have data expire after a period of
> > time.  I'm planning on submitting it to CPAN, but I think it makes sense
> > to make it available on this list before I do.
> >
> > I'd appreciate it if anyone who tries it out could send me feedback about
> > whether it seems to do the trick.

I'll check it out for IPC ideas ... I have a similar module,
but different, Tie::Cache, that I've been wanting to hook
into IPC for some time.  Tie::Cache is more about size based
expiration, whereas you are dealing with date based.

Thanks for posting.

-- Joshua
NodeWorks >> free web link monitoring   Huntington Beach, CA  USA