I am running Apache 1.3.9, mod_perl 1.21 and perl 5.04 on a UltraSparc5
running 2.5.1 Solaris.  I am experiencing runaway httpd processes.  We have
tried to find a pattern in these processes but nothing seems to define the
problem.  They are coming from random sites, getting random content.  They
appear for a while and then pause for various intervals before reappearing.
 Truss shows the process to continuous lseeks and reads.  There are no
errors in the error_log.

I have gone thought the archives and have seen some similar references.
One mentioned a "leak in the Solaris libraries", but there was no following
discussion of that issue.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Will Wiley                  Sr. Automation Engineer
Wind River Systems,          Platform Engineering
Tel   : +1(510)749-2476       Fax : +1(510)749-2010
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.windriver.com