> I successfully installed mod_perl under Apache/1.3.6 (Unix). However, when
> attempting to run some Web pages I have that use #perl sub I get an error
> log message, "unknown directive 'perl' in parsed doc."
>
> I installed mod_perl right from CPAN and assumed that mean EVERYTHING=1
> would be the default installation. Is there a way I can find out if my
> mod_perl enables PERL_SSI and therefore find out if this is or is not my
> problem?

EVERYTHING=1 should install PerlSSI as well.

Configure perl-status to work (see 'perldoc Apache::Status') then do:
http://localhost/perl-status?hooks to check the enabled hooks.

Do other mod_perl scripts/modules work? didn't you forget to:
cd ../apache-x.x.x
make install

Stas Bekman    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]      http://www.stason.org/stas
Perl,CGI,Apache,Linux,Web,Java,PC     http://www.stason.org/stas/TULARC
perl.apache.org    modperl.sourcegarden.org   perlmonth.com    perl.org
single o-> + single o-+ = singlesheaven    http://www.singlesheaven.com