Sean>   Lol!  I ripped that right out of Apache::Status.  Any ideas as to
Sean> whether or not its faster with map or push?  I may, desire dependent,
Sean> benchmark the two formats and report the results.
Sean>   It looks to me like the reason Doug did the code the way he did
Sean> was because he returns an array ref to the calling sub.  --SC

It's probably more of a style thing.  I like "map" because I had a lot
of practice with Lispy-stuff in my history.  Maybe doug prefers the
the other.  TIMTWOTDI.

As for the array ref, this is easy:

        return ["<table>", (map ...), "</table>"];

:-)