A final effort... From the command line it works. Perhaps your ORACLE_USERID,
etc. is already set?

Within your Registry script, that's probably not the case unless you've
explicitly told it otherwise.

So let's change your DSN around a bit:

        my $dbh = DBI->connect('dbi:Oracle:', 'indic/xxx@INDICATORS', '',
        { AutoCommit => 0, RaiseError => 0, PrintError => 1 } ) or die $DBI::errstr;

I don't use the same format of the connect string that you are showing in
your example below (I use the format above.) In fact, I vaguely remember
encountering a similar problem when using a 'typical' connect string with
other DB's.

I'm hoping that something in your current environment is set allowing that
format to work, when in actuality it's the improper way.

Let's see if this works. If not, I'm out of ideas. :-(

Good luck!

-d.

  David S . Kenzik said...