I remember being able to download a text file (I think from W3C) that
contained a listing of international standard country names and codes
much like the U.S. Postal Service does for states.  I was able to find
an HTML document linked from W3C's web site but no text file.

Does anyone know a location that I can download a plain text version of
this from?

TIA.
Mr. Erich L. Markert                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Computer Learning Center                 TEL (914)422-4328
Pace University
1 Martine Ave
White Plains, New York 10606-1932

                -- Henry Spencer