On Sun, 9 Apr 2000, Matt Sergeant wrote:

> For similar exception handling techniques, see the Try module, the
> Exception module and the Error module, all on CPAN.

There is no Exception module on CPAN?  If you're referring to my code,
it's not yet on CPAN because I don't think I can justify attempting to
take that namespace especially in light of the fact there eventually
will probably be exceptions in Perl itself.

If you're referring to Peter Seibel's Exceptions module, that module
is totally non-functional with modern Perl and has been superseded by
Graham Barr's Error module.

>       L<Error> - Graham Barr's excellent OO try/catch/finally module.
>       L<Exceptions> - Another exceptions module.
>       L<Try> - Tony Olekshy's. Adds an unwind stack. Not on CPAN (yet?).

See my above comment about the Exceptions module.  I wouldn't mind
being mentioned here.  You could link to the FTP site I mentioned
before (ftp.urth.org/pub).  Eventually I may come up with a suitable
name and put it on CPAN.

-dave

www.urth.org
We await the New Sun