On Wed, 12 Apr 2000, Gagan Prakash wrote:

> Thanks everyone. I did check the listing at
> perl.apache.org but many fo the organization appear to
> be resellers. I have the unique situation of setting
> up a site for India and thus need the host to be as
> close as possible to a central internet node.
>
> I will check out iserver and use them if it works
> otherwise I will wait for superb.net.
>
> It has been a nightmare dealing with various webhosts.
> In some cases the sales and techn support people
> indicate that they have mod_perl. Some companies make
> that claim on their homepage. When it comes down to
> it, they either don't have it, dont want it, or dont
> want to understand it.

Well, my attempt to describe possible solutions to this problem is
described at http://perl.apache.org/guide/multiuser.html .

This chapter should help ISPs to learn how to setup a mod_perl service,
what are the pros and cons, feasibility concerns and provide you as a
client enough hints to help persuade the ISP to give you this service.

As usual comments and additions are welcome.

Stas Bekman             | JAm_pH    --    Just Another mod_perl Hacker
http://stason.org/      | mod_perl Guide http://perl.apache.org/guide/
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  | http://perl.org    http://stason.org/TULARC/
http://singlesheaven.com| http://perlmonth.com http://sourcegarden.org