On Thu, 13 Apr 2000, Honza Pazdziora wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 12, 2000 at 10:58:47PM +0200, Stas Bekman wrote:
> >
> >  <Files *.html>
> >    SetHandler perl-script
> >    PerlHandler Apache::OutputChain Apache::GzipChain \
> >                                    Apache::Buffer Apache::PassFile
> >  </Files>
> >
> > This will solve two problems:
> >
> > 1) chunked gzipped output
> > 2) will improve the compression as there will be more input to work on at
> > once for the GZip module.
>
> I have a little mental problem: why doesn't NN understand the gzipped
> output being chunked? I mean, if the result is a correct gzip (isn't
> it?), why doesn't it process it correctly?

Heh, why do we have to program for each browser in a different way? and
many other similar questions... When mozilla will take the leadership back
I hope many questions will go away :) (...may be not)

> Otherwise, as this seems to be a problem of GzipChain only at the
> moment, I'll probably vote for Rick's patch or something similar being
> done on the Apache::OutputChain level.
>
> But yes, something like Apache::BufferChain would certainly be usefull
> and I'll add this into the Apache::OutputChain distribution.

Ok, so you will add this one. Thanks!!!

Stas Bekman             | JAm_pH    --    Just Another mod_perl Hacker
http://stason.org/      | mod_perl Guide http://perl.apache.org/guide/
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  | http://perl.org    http://stason.org/TULARC/
http://singlesheaven.com| http://perlmonth.com http://sourcegarden.org