I do not have a perl or mod_perl example.  However in my "Javascript
Manual of Style", there is an example of a WindowsNT Explorer like
navigator.  The code is too lengthy to post and I don't have it loaded
myself.

However, if you go to...

        http://www.he.net/~marcj/mos/ch5a.htm

you can see an example of the program to see if that's the type of thing
you're looking for. It's really a pretty neat procedure and makes
navigating something like a manual very easy.

You can also contact the author of the book (and code), Marc Johnson
at...

        http://www.he.net/~marcj/index.html

Perhaps a mod_perl procedure to build the javascript page which displays
the navigational information?

In any event, I hope this helps.

Regards,
Ron