On Tue, Apr 18, 2000 at 02:07:24AM -0400, Jeff Stuart wrote:
> I understand that.  :)  And that was something that I had to learn myself.
> :)  It's a BAD thing when suddenly your httpd process takes up 100 MB.  :)
> It's just that it sounded like Shane was saying that his httpds were
> starting OUT at 4 to 6 MB.  That sounded a little unusual to me but then
> again, I've pared down my httpd config so that I don't have things in that I
> don't need.
>
> I'm just curious as to what he has in there.
>
> --
> Jeff Stuart
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Well, the machine I took the estimates off of was a dev machine.
Which means that the key is *capability* not so much ability to serve
up lots of requests.  Your right, if I were to re-hash my configs to
be something other than a dev box I could serve a lot more hits and
have a smaller apache mem usage.  The other box I was talking about is
pared down, but I obviously can't restart a clients machine at will
just to do a calculation for the mod_perl list :-).

In direct response to your question though :)... I have about 20
modules compiled in.  Not to mention the modules that I'm loading...,
but here's the compiled in list for your curiousity:

Compiled-in modules:
  http_core.c
  mod_env.c
  mod_log_config.c