> > It would be nice, in my opinion, to have some way of doing:
> >
> > PerlAddVar Fred "Value 1"
> > PerlAddVar Fred "Value 2"
> >
> > And then in your script:
> >
> > my @values = $r->dir_config('Fred');
> >
> > which gets ("Value 1","Value 2") in @values.
> >
> > Any thoughts on this? (I'm not set on the name PerlAddVar, if that's
> > anyone's concern - but what about the idea of it?)
>
> That [the name] would be confusing. How about:
>
> PerlSetScalar Foo Bar
>
> PerlSetArray Foo A B C
> PerlPushArray Foo D
>
> PerlSetHash Foo key val

Would it not be possible / preferable to handle this kind of thing from
within <Perl> blocks?  (localized to <location>, <directory> etc. blocks,
even)  At least, something along these lines would cut down on the amount
of configuration syntax that would needed to be coped with.

Cheers,
Richard

 Richard Dice * Personal 514 816 9568 * Fax 514 816 9569
 ShadNet Creator * http://shadnet.shad.ca/ * [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Occasional Writer, HotWired * http://www.hotwired.com/webmonkey/
     "squeeze the world 'til it's small enough to join us heel to toe"
         - jesus jones