[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Frank D. Cringle) writes:

> Lloyd Zusman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > I've been sending email to `[EMAIL PROTECTED]' almost
> > every day for the past week or two, but I still keep receiving email
> > from this list.
>
> The list is run using ezmlm.  Sending mail to modperl-unsubscribe is
> just the first step in the process.  You should receive a reply from
> the list server containing a pseudo-random key.  Return the key to the
> list server and you will be off the list.  This process prevents
> forged unsubscription by third parties.

I understand how this process works.  However, the problem is that I
received nothing in return from any of the 6-10 unsubscribe messages I
sent to that address over the past week or two.  I also received
nothing in return when I sent email to `[EMAIL PROTECTED]'.  And
yet, I keep receiving these messages from the mailing list, so my
email address must be valid ... :)

I sent the requests to `[EMAIL PROTECTED]' and also to
`[EMAIL PROTECTED]' from the same address to which these mailing
list emails are arriving, which is indeed the address I used when
subscribing to the mailing list: `[EMAIL PROTECTED]'.

> The initial answer you get from the unsubscribe address may also say
> "you are not on the list".  That means that the address you sent the
> mail from is not on the list.  The address through which list mail is
> reaching you is encoded in the return-path of each mail you receive
> from the list.  That is the address that you need to use when
> unsubscribing.

Yep ... I understand all this, and I have sucessfully done it many
times before with other mailing lists to which I've been subscribed.

The problem seems to be that I'm not receiving the initial replies
with the pseudo-random key.

Has anyone actually gotten these `modperl-unsubscribe' or
`modperl-help' addresses to work successfully within the past week or
two?

--
 Lloyd Zusman   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 perl -le '$n=170;for($d=2;($d*$d)<=$n;$d+=(1+($d%2))){for($t=0;($n%$d)==0;