From: Ari Jolma [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, May 01, 2000 1:36 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Bitten by -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64

Hello,

(This may be a general Perl question but since I have this problem
only with mod_perl I'm asking it here.) Perl's (5.6.0) Configure script
puts -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 into Config.pm's variable ccflags in
my machine (redhat 6.1 with linux 2.2.12). This causes for some
reason mod_perl.c to have stat structure with size 96 while it
has the size 88 in apache (and it is 88 usually). The result is
very poor behavior in make test. When I manually remove that
compiler directive everything works fine. My mod_perl is 1.23
and apache is 1.3.12. I believe I've had this problem for long since
over the years :-) I've had this same problem occasionally but only
now investigated it thoroughly using gdb. Can anybody give an
explanation what is going on here?

The member finfo has the type struct stat in request_rec in httpd.h.

Regards,

Ari Jolma