Hi
I inherited a server that already had apache installed on it with mod_perl
compiled in.
Apache runs on Redhat 6.2 with Apache version 1.3.6.

I have tried to install Apache ASP as per the INSTALL instructions but it
does not seem to have worked correctly.
I have also tried using CPAN to install also and all the things that it said
were missing I also installed this way, such as html::clean, MLDBM,
apache::filter etc.
Everything installed fine without errors and I changed the 'AllowOverride'
directive in the server .conf file to 'All', I copied the /site/eg directory
to the web root and made sure all the permissions and ownerships were
correct.
When I try to view the pages in a web browser I get an 'Internal Server
Error' message, the error_log shows

Sat May  6 22:40:02 2000] [alert] [client 194.117.133.4]
/var/web/cerbernet/htdocs/eg/.htaccess:
Invalid command 'PerlSetVar', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not
included in the serve
r configuration

Have I done something wrong?
Can I not install Apache ASP in this way with a httpd binary that has had
modules compiled within it?

If so what do I need to do to enable ASP on Apache.

Please reply to the email address I have sent this email from.

Thanks

Tony