Murali said:
> As I understand from this discussion we have 2 methods involving creating a
> session-server which will store all session data.
> a) NFS mount a server which will store all session data
> b) Have a DB in this server which stores this data. Through a network
> connect to the DB and retrieve the info.

I don't think you have to take either approach to store all session specific data.
When a session is started, simply use a redirect a go to a URL that includes the IP
address of the machine that will serve this session. From then on, the session will
always go to the same machine, and therefore the session data doesn't have to be
centralised or distributed.

The downside of this is that bookmarked pages will not contain your normal internet
address, but instead the address of the specific server that is serving the current
session. Although a little unattractive, it doesn't really matter. Just make sure that
when this bookmark is used, you deal with it properly. That is, notice that this
session id is no longer active on this machine, and create a new session just like the
'front-end' server would. The 2nd downside is that the first connection in a new
session may have one additional redirect. The front-end server needs access to a
central data store to do authentication (since it needs to know about _all_ users),
but that only generally needs a username/password/userid, so it's unlikely to cause
very much network traffic.

--
  Jeremy Howard
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]