Hi,

I have in every script

my $user_language = library::language($user, $dbh) ;
# is it finnish, english or swedish
my %output = library::load_language($user_language) ;
# ties %output to a dbm

%output holds all the different outputs needed for each language

then for my subs which are in a package library I pass a reference

library::menu($db, \%output) ; #passes a reference to sub menu

%output never gets modified only read.

I am using mod_perl. Is this the most efficient way of doing things?

I discovered the mistake I had when I turned on use strict in my library
package. Before this I didn't pass %output to each sub ... to be honest I really

didn't understand how each sub new the values in %output. After turning on use
strict I had to pass \%output because %output was empty in the subs.

hope this makes sense.

Scott

Scott Alexander tietoverkkosuunnittelija
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
gsm: +358 (0)40 7505640