Hi there,

Our Apache::Registry CGIs need access to a dozen or so core modules - is
there an elegant solution to loading these without seeing a dozen or so use
statements at the head of the script? (We have over 100 different CGIs that
share a common structure - it would be a nightmare maintaining a
modification to one of our standard modules if every CGI kept  a list of its
own set).

Currently we place all the use directives in one file and have a 'do
"startup.pl"' statement which is obviously very silly - but we run into
undefined subroutine / Exporter problems when using 'require "startup.pl"'

We realise we could use the PerlRequire directive in the server
configuration to pre-load modules, yet whilst this could be ideal we don't
want to lose the flexibility in debugging our scripts from the command line
(we are still in the tentative mod_perl should we commit  / shouldn't we
commit experimental stage).

Is PerlRequire really the only solution?

Thanks for any ideas,

Martin