> At 01:22 PM 5/19/00 -0400, Geoffrey Young wrote:
>  >I think the title says it best:
>  >http://perl.apache.org/guide/troubleshooting.html#Evil_things_might_happen
> _when_us
>
> Sweet.  Thanks.  So the problem is probably any number of weak module
> issues.  That's enough for me right now... turning it off certainly
> fixed it.

Huh? Wasn't the mod_perl 1.23 supposed to fix this problem with DSO? I
thought to remove this item from the Guide. Are there still problems with
DSO?

If I remember correctly the problem was of broken internal pointers when
the DSO code was reloaded.

>  >you're killing yourself with StatINC in production.
>  >
>  >http://perl.apache.org/guide/porting.html#Configuration_Files_Writing_Dy
>
> We really haven't noticed any performance hit... nothing dramatic enough
> to detect anyway.  Our database calls are far more expensive than
> checking the modules in %INC so far... and we've optimized our use of
> connections and selects quite a bit.  It is certainly a concern that
> we're keeping in mind, though.

Attach to one of the servers with 'strace' and see how many stat calls it
does with StatINC turned on.

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://perl.org     http://stason.org/TULARC
http://singlesheaven.com http://perlmonth.com http://sourcegarden.org