From: 'DeWitt Clinton' [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, May 22, 2000 2:36 PM
To: Karyn Ulriksen
Cc: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Re: mod_perl and IPC

That's why I wanted more beta testers on real servers.  :)

You may want to roll back to 0.02 on that server.  I'll run some more
benchmarks and profile the code to see where the issue is.  IPC::Cache
actually got a lot lighter, since I'm relying on IPC::SharedCache to
do most of the work.

I'll let you know what I come up with.  Thanks again!

BTW, I bet File::Cache gives better performance, but that would
require modifying a little of your code.

-DeWitt

On Mon, May 22, 2000 at 03:20:14PM -0700, Karyn Ulriksen wrote:
> Yikes!
>
>   I installed this and your recommends on one of my cluster servers to see
> how it would do and do a good compare to how it performed against the
other
> servers in that cluster.  The CPU utilization immediately leaped to
25-30%.
> Can we get the performance a little more happy?  Let me know what I can
> check on my end for you on this...
>
>    Of note, I have simple test scripts I use for debugging db-to-cache
> (usually it's the db) issues  outside of the Apache/mod_perl environment
and
> compared the response times on a server with vs. without.  (These servers
> typically handle pretty close to the same load).  I noted that the
response
> time on the new .04 code was slower than than the one with the .02 code.
Of