Sorry for the of topicness of this message, but I don't know
where else to turn.

I have a SSL enabled server that has been running for month
without any problem. Now I need to add a virtual host the
httpd.conf file so I have done this on our development
machine and on our test machine and both work fine, but when
I copy the the httpd.conf from either of those machines to my
production machine I get the following error:

Syntax error on line 332 of
/opt/ward/apache/conf/httpd.conf.new:
SSLCertificateFile: only up to 2 different certificates per
virtual host allowed

However the SSL stuff is _exactly_ the same in the old and
the new httpd.conf. When, in the new conf, I take one virtual
host out and put the directives of the second virtual host in
the main conf section, apache fails without error message in
the error_log and ssl_error_log or on STDOUT, there is no
core file or nothing. When I take the -DSSL flag away
everything works. The old httpd.conf still works (even with
SSL).

I really don't know where to start with this one, can anyone
give me any hints? (I have even checked my file for control
characters, but there are none.)

Kees

PS. my virtual host section looks like this:

<Perl>
delete $INC{'Apache/PerlVINC.pm'};
require Apache::PerlVINC;
</Perl>

<VirtualHost _default_:8444>
   DocumentRoot /opt/ward/DocumentRoot

   SetEnv IDVENV Production

   Alias /idv/ "/opt/ward/IDV/PROD/Scripts/"

   <Location /idv>
      DefaultType text/html

      SetHandler perl-script
      PerlHandler Apache::Registry

      PerlVersionINC On
      PerlINC /opt/ward/IDV/PROD/Modules
      PerlFixupHandler Apache::PerlVINC
      PerlRequire Ward/IDV/IDVDatabase.pm
   </Location>

   Alias "/images/idv/" "/opt/ward/IDV/PROD/Images/"

   ##
   ## This can also go in a <VirtualHost> section
   ##

   <IfDefine SSL>
      SSLEngine on

      SSLCertificateFile    /opt/ward/apache/conf/ssl.crt/kees.crt
      SSLCertificateKeyFile /opt/ward/apache/conf/ssl.key/server.key

      SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown
   </IfDefine>
</VirtualHost>