> I can't seem to get PerlSetupEnv to affect my perl-bin anyplace other than
> in the perl-bin <Location> tag
>
> that is:
>
> PerlSetupEnv Off
>
> Alias /perl-bin/ /usr/local/apache/perl-bin/
> <Location /perl-bin>
>      SetHandler perl-script
>      PerlHandler Apache::Registry
>      Options +ExecCGI
>      Order Allow,Deny
>      Allow from All
> #     PerlSetupEnv Off
> </Location>
>
> still gives me a cgi-populated %ENV for a normal Registry script.  If I swap
> the directives, all is ok.  According to mod/mod_perl.html the directive
> should be able to go anywhere....
>
> can anyone else verify this?  or am I missing something...

Sure, here comes:

I don't know what's the right behavior should be but, I've tested my
setup: 1.24/1.3.12/5.005_03/rh6.2 and here is what I saw:

Env.pm
------
package Env;
use strict;
use Apache::Constants qw(:common);
sub handler{
  shift->send_http_header('text/plain');
  print map {"$_ => $ENV{$_}\n"} keys %ENV;
  return OK;
}
1;

The following sets %ENV OFF
<Location /env>
  SetHandler perl-script
  PerlHandler +Env
  PerlSetupEnv Off
</Location>

The following doesn't set %ENV OFF
<Location /env>
  SetHandler perl-script
  PerlHandler +Env
  PerlSetupEnv Off
</Location>

I've tried the same with Apache::Registry, no matter where I put the
PerlSetupEnv directive, the %ENV is ON all the time. I guess the
enviroment is being enforced in Registry XS code, no matter what settings
is.

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://perl.org     http://stason.org/TULARC
http://singlesheaven.com http://perlmonth.com http://sourcegarden.org