Michael Todd Glazier ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) said something to this effect:
> As a way to speed up the CGIs but allow my designers easy access to
> the html file, I'm executing an Apache::Registry CGI script from
> within an .shtml document using #exec cgi . The Apache manual says to
> prefer use of #include virtual, but that doesn't pass the query
> string from the request. In a way this is a hacked template system. :)
>
> Is there a reason, barring the known fact it would be faster as a
> full blown module :), not to use this set-up?
>
> Thanks!
>
> - mt

How about using Perl includes, like <!--#perl sub="My::Package" -->? Much
cleaner, and still consistant with other types of includes. And, since it
uses the standard Apache/mod_perl module format (sub handler and all that),
the modules you use in Perl subs can be easily moved over to full handlers
if necessary.

Perl subs requires that mod_perl be built staticalll with Apache, and that
mod_perl built with EVERYTHING=1 or PERL_SSI=1.

darren

--
If God had not given us sticky tape, it would have been necessary to invent it.