It's generally not a good idea to follow up a user action with a page
that doesn't change... The lack of feedback makes people very nervous.

Notwithstanding, you can accomplish this by sending back a Status: of
204 (No Change) and a content-type: of text/html -- with no entity
body.  The browser will leave the current page displayed, with no
indication of a reloaded anything.
-Alan