Ok...
If some information was missing in my previous mails, here it comes ;)

Apache version: 1.3.12
mod_perl version: 1.24
mod_php version: 4.0.0
MySQL version: Ver 9.38 Distrib 3.22.32, for pc-linux-gnu (i586)
Msql-Mysql modules version: 2.0414
DBI version: 1.14
HTML::Mason: 0.87

gdb dump:
(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging
symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...
0x80b225f in mysql_real_connect ()

The perl-script that runs DBI->connect is going through HTML::Mason, but
don't see that beeing the problem. It seems like a MySQL problem.
I feel like I've been wasting too many days making this work now ;)

- dufuz