Okay, first, I have not read the manual completely...

So, what I'm looking for is where can I find information on the following,
if possible (I have both the Eagle and can look up the Guide as well)...

I have an app that can't be run under mod_perl right now because it's
awfully dirty.  However, in working to transition it to a new version which
uses mySQL, I'm going to fix parts of it to run under mySQL.  Basically get
the data transfered to the database while the new version is being written.

Is it possible for a very dirty app, and ugly code to benefit from a
persistant DB connection but not run under mod_perl directly?

Much thanks.

Mark W