On Mon, Jul 10, 2000 at 06:21:37PM -0500, John Marquart wrote:

> Starting off w/ a fresh compliation of apache 1.3.12 & mod_perl 1.24, I
> ended up with the same errors as before.  I then added the flags that you
> suggested to link my module.  The httpd.exp file it expects for some
> reason is /httpd.exp.  I copied the httpd.exp from src/support to /.  At
> this point, the module compiled/linked correctly.  I added the PerlModule
> line to the httpd.conf to include it, and achieved the same broken
> httpd. (See attached or below for details.)
>
> Attached is a (long) listing of both the compilation & linking as well as
> the 'dump -nv AuthenKerberos.so' that you suggested would be helpful.  I
> tried to read the dump - however I just don't quite understand it.
>
> A few other notes:  The module demands some mod_perl functions ->
> perl_cmd_perl_FLAG, perl_cmd_perl_TAKE1... (in attached file) which I was
> previously told were not usually exported by mod_perl, but I could put the
> symbol names in my mod_perl.exp file to help with linking.  I added those
> symbol names before compiling mod_perl.

As the complaints of the linker show the Kerberos module still
references symbols not exported by default by mod_perl, for example it
still talks about  perl_cmd_perl_TAKE2, did you add this and also
installed it so the Kerberos compilation picks up the new .exp file?

>  (I also had some odd problems at the "perl Makefile.PL" stage -> If I
> left the arguments in a certain order it would work, another order would
> cause segfaults :( -> the make test worked fine when run by hand.  Since
> the problem I am having was the exact same under this new configuration
> and the other - I am assuming this is something random and
> circumstantial.)

I use the following for configuring mod_perl:

perl Makefile.PL USE_APXS=1 EVERYTHING=1 WITH_APXS=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs

--
Jens-Uwe Mager

HELIOS Software GmbH
Steinriede 3