Hi all,

I am running RedHat Linux 6.1 / Apache 1.3.12 /Mod_Perl / DBI and using Oracle 8.0.5
as database
back end for web application we are developing. Everything works fine, but when i was
testing for
memory problems, i found that each request of any file accessing the database is
increasing the
process size.
So i wrote a small program (i have included the code down ) which just access the db
for a table
and prints the results, and still found that to happen. ( i set up apache to have 1
child process,
and used top ( with sorted by memory) to find this out ).

Does the oracle libraries ( or DBD::Oracle )not free up some memory or am i missing
some thing.

<%
use strict;
use DBI;
use DBD::Oracle qw(:ora_types);

my $dbh2 = DBI->connect("DBI:Oracle:ORCL", "scott" , "tiger" );
my $sql = "select * from user_sec" ;
my $sth = $dbh2->prepare($sql);
my @data;

$sth->execute();