well that's interesting - no it doesn't...

if I push a handler on the initial request, it doesn't show up in the
subrequest (as expected)
but if I undef a phase for the initial request, the subrequest doesn't
execute them either (not what I expect, at least).

looks like a bug?

well, get/set handlers is known to be problematic already - I know Doug et
al (hi Eric :) plan on (someday) re-implementing it, but for now, I guess
it's just another problem case :(

HTH

--Geoff