I can vouch for that.  We had a site running some distance ed software.
The *nix version ran like a champ and would stay up and running for
months.

The NT version?  Would require pre-emptive reboots to try and prevent
unscheduled system downtimes. Also, the server would just crap out
without rhyme or reason - nothing in the logs, no Dr. Watsons, nada.
THe only way to bring it back to life would be a reboot because
stopping/starting services was ineffective.